Author Topic: Sylvester Fredrick Carr  (Read 7282 times)

worcmik

• Townie
Sylvester Fredrick Carr
« on: August 09, 2008, 07:58:20 AM »
Met someone whose ancestor is S. Fredrick Carr, son of William Carr.   S. Fredrick was past pres. of Foresters Worc. # 28. A large certificat exists (dated 1913) attesting to this fact. I was hoping to gather some info to sent to the holder of the cert. along with a request that he donate the cert. to an approprate organization. My Carr info is too old I need to get another generation back to see if he clickes with the mid 19th century stuff I have. Any stuff out there?    John    Worcmic

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Sylvester Fredrick Carr
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 05:22:29 AM »
Walter Carr was Sylvester's brother!  1880 census ward 6 Worcester  William Carr 49, wife Margaret 43, Sylvester 9 says born Mass.  father born in Ireland Mother born in Nova Scotia, Walter 3 yrs old says born in RI.   1910 census says Sylvester was born in RI.  I looked in NEHGS couldn't find birth of either son or marriage of William to Margaret.  it appears that William may have died 1899 and Margaret in 1885 both in Worcester, no image available. 

Worcmik...where was william born in Ireland?  Should be on certificate?  Who are you trying to connect in the earlier Carrs with so we can help you.  Always happy to search...  Wonder if Williams father was Sylvester

worcmik

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 06:10:00 AM »
I only glanced at the cert. I don't think it mentioned where he was born. I was wondering if this man's ancestors were the same prefamine families I have in my database.James & Mary (nee Terney) Carr married in 1842  and  Thomas & Bridget (nee Kelly) Carr married in 1840. Also a Patrick and Catherine Carr lived on Paine St. at the birth/death of a child in 1859. That child and Bridget were buried in Tatnuck Burial Ground. There was a James Carr that died in Leicester in 1833. Mabey not. As for the Walter or two, thanks for the info but I don't think I will persue this too much.  Thanks

Redhairedgirl

• Just Moved Here
Carr Family
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 05:34:00 AM »
Hello All
My great grandfather was Alexander Carr b. 10/10/1868 in Inishmore, Aran Islands, Galway, Ireland.  He arrived in North America Aug. 10/1885 at Boston, MA along with his brother Charles Hamilton Carr b. July 28/1870.
They went to Halton/Milton, Ontario, Canada.
Alexander m. Annabelle Montgomery b. 1875, in Ontario in 1893.  However, in 1900 they moved to Worcester, MA, and lived there for about 2 years.  My grandfather was born there, Joseph Gordon Carr Sept. 19/1900.
Alexander had other siblings, Mary Louise Carr b. 1864, John Henry Carr b. 1866, William Francis Carr b. 1871, Margaret Jane Carr b. 1873, and Samuel Adolphus Carr b. 1876.
He also had 7 aunts and uncles, and his father and grandfather were named Henry Carr, all from Galway, Ireland.
His older sister Mary Louise, emigrated to Canada in 1883 and settled in the Windsor, Ontario area.
I am wondering if anyone has a connection through the Worcester area to my gr grandfather?
Any information will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Wendy

Redhairedgirl

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 05:57:12 AM »
Henry Carr b. June 13/1830 m. Roseanna Quinn.  These are the parents of my gr grandfather Alexander.
Henry's siblings are:  Jane Carr b. 1829, Francis Carr b. 1833, Harriet Carr b. 1835, Sarah Carr b. 1837, and Mary Louisa and Mary Anne Carr b. 1840.
Their parents were Henry Carr Sr. b. 1830 and Lucinda Carroll? All were from Galway, Ireland, just not sure where in Galway.
I haven't been able to determine if any others came to North America or not.  Perhaps someone out there has a connection.
Thanks,
Wendy

worcmik

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 08:59:24 AM »
sorry the info I have doesn't fit with your family. Good luck