Author Topic: looking for the Salisbury Building  (Read 3730 times)

John_

• Just Moved Here
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
looking for the Salisbury Building
« on: November 26, 2004, 06:27:16 AM »
I have come across a reference to the "Salisbury Building" in a 1934 National Geodetic Survey reference.  I have been unable to find any references on the web as to the location of this building other than it is/was "200 ft south of the Lincoln Square Station".  As I live about 45 minutes west of the city, I would like to know if this building still exists and perhaps a street address before I go looking for it.  Any ideas?

Margery Orr

Re: looking for the Salisbury Building
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 08:01:52 AM »
The Salisbury building you are looking for is the Salisbury Mansion, now located at 40 Highland Street in Worcester.  The Worcester Historical Museum is hosting "Home for the Holidays" November 19 through December 30, 2004 at the Salisbury Mansion.  It is a Victorian-themed holiday.  Included in this "celebration" are candlelight tours and Saturday story hours, and information about Salisbury holiday traditions.  Hours are Thursdays, 1 to 8:30; Fraidays and Sturdays 1 to 4.  Admission is free for membersw of the Worcester Historical Museum and $5 for non-member adults.  Children under 16 are admitted to this event free.

For additional information and regular hours for the Salisbury Mansion contact the Worcester Historical Museum, 30 Elm Street, Worcester, MA.

www.worcesterhistory.org

Hope this helps.