Author Topic: getting to Logan Airport from Worcester  (Read 3762 times)

Sarah N.

getting to Logan Airport from Worcester
« on: October 10, 2002, 04:17:52 AM »
Does anyone have advice regarding getting to Logan from Worcester (without a car)?  The airport shuttles seem extremely expensive ($40 each way).  Is taking the commuter rail and T a stressful experience when trying to make a flight, or is it worth the money one would save?  Any help, well-kept secrets from locals, etc., would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Luongo

Re: getting to Logan Airport from Worcester
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2002, 01:56:10 PM »
You might consider taking the bus for the first leg of your trip...it's convenient and more comfortable, although it costs a little more.

You can get on the Greyhound/Peter Pan bus at the depot on Madison Street, near the corner of Beacon.  

That'll take an hour to get to South Station, in Boston.  (By the way, South Station is nice, and there are quite a few places to get lunch/snacks/coffee there.)

After you get off the bus, it's a five-minute walk (almost all indoors though) to get into the city subway system, on the Red Line.  You'll have to read the maps for yourself.....but you'll need to hop on the Red Line until it intersects with the Blue Line, then take the Blue Line out to the airport.

I've ridden the Greyhound buses quite a few times, with good results, but I've never used the subway to get to the airport, so I couldn't tell you much about that.  You can find the bus schedule at www.greyhound.com, and I think the bus fare is around $12, as opposed to $5.75 for the commuter rail.