Author Topic: Mary McDermott McDavitt and family....  (Read 4333 times)

whichzelda

• Just Moved Here
Mary McDermott McDavitt and family....
« on: February 12, 2008, 12:23:59 PM »
Hi all...just wanted to say what a pleasure it was to meet you all this past Sunday.  Let's do it again sometime...now on to the subject of this post.  It appears that my great grandmother Annie McDermott Flanagan Ackerman had a sister, Mary, that married John W. McDavitt on 06 May 1890 here in Worcester.  They had four children...Mary, :) John F., Catherine and Annie.  Catherine and Annie were twins but Annie passed soon after birth.  I'm just wondering if they may be buried at St. John's.  Also, it appears that Brother James P. McDavitt a Jesuit at Holy Cross College in the 1850's and who has since passed was also a relation through John F. McDavitt.  I find the names May and Giguire also with this family.  Does any of this ring a bell with anyone???  Thanking you in advance for any help you can give me.... 

whichzelda

• Just Moved Here
Re: Mary McDermott McDavitt and family....
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 02:19:49 PM »
Oops..Brother James McDavitt was at Holy Cross College in the 1950's...darn typos lol

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 05:48:55 AM »
I'll check with my contact at St. Johns

whichzelda

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 12:13:17 PM »
I stopped at St. John's this A.M and they were very helpful...it's the snow that's in the way...sigh. Thank you for your kind offer though...It seems that Mary McDermott McDavitt may have remarried, as her husband passed in 1911.  I need to do more research and will update as I find out more.  Thank you again for your kind offer. :)

whichzelda

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 04:18:14 AM »
Well, Mary McDermott McDaviit did not remarry.  She passed 4 days after her husband.  How sad is that....Merski,  stopped at St. John's again yesterday and heard of your phone call.  Thanks again for thinking of me.   :)  and I'm off to hunt down some more "leaves" from this branch of my  family tree.