General > Information Wanted

M.J. Whittall Rugs

<< < (2/3) > >>

Judy Griffin:
I am seeking information regarding pricing and buyers for two Whittall Anglo Persian-Wilton rugs - Pattern 333 Color 655 - one is 9' X 12' register 263905 and the other is 11' X 19' register 221130.  Any information will be appreciated.

ccmonk@comcast.net:
Hi David,

I am looking for information on my 2 Whittall Rugs - they were at my Grandparents farm from 1930 - 2000.  One is 9x12 and the othere is 11 x 21.  They are gorgeous.  I have no intentions of selling them, just information on the company and possible the year they were made.  They are color: 333 pattern: 263 Register # 167717 (thats the registration on the smaller one).  It's funny that I can not find any information on the internet about the company.  I wouldn't mind knowing the value, then I know whether the kids are allowed on the carpet or not (just kidding).  Any information would be great.

Christine (Washington State)

unique:
I have just recently come into possession of a 9x12 rug with a label from M. J. Whittal Associates, Ltd., pattern 325, register #3346. Wondering if anyone can give me any information on it-age, value, etc.

pffarmer:
I, too, am looking for information on a Whittall Anglo-Persian rug.  The numbers on the back of the rug are: 
100 35 4, and the next line is 1 38. 

The rug is about 9x12, the background is dark steely blue, and the pattern looks like it was inspired by a Chinese moongate.  The colors in the pattern are rust, acid green, two shades of antique gold, and a lighter grayish blue.  I am guessing that the colors would be incredible with Mission-style oak.

My neighbors gave me this rug back in the mid-1980's -- they were in their late '90's.  They told me they bought the rug specifically for their bedroom.  Now, whether this meant for their first apartment when they married (probably just after WWI) or when they moved into this building which went up in 1941 (their retirement home), I don't know.

Thank you so much for any information you can give me about this pattern.

Sincerely,

Phyllis Fay Farmer

David K. Martinous:
Phyliss, what is the condition of the rug? That will have a lot to do about the value of the rug. If it's in mink condition it could be worth a good amount of money. I have seen a Sarouk pattern in mink condition with a value of $ 5,000.00. Check with Shanybrook. They have a web site. Good luck, David K. Martinous.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version