General > Information Wanted

M.J. Whittall Rugs

<< < (3/3)

Sharon Dyer:
I just inherited a 9 x 12 Whittall Anglo-Persian Wilton, Pattern 325, color 14, register 221821 rug.  We need more information on this, as well as an insurance, if necessary, price.  Thanks.

Doug Leary:
It turns out that these Whittall Anglo-Persian rugs aren't significantly valuable. They are 100% machine-made rugs turned out by an American company, using carefully chosen names, patterns and colors, and in some cases imprinted with numbers that (happen to?) look like 19th-century dates. For more info, see this article on Yahoo:

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/rug-fanatics/conversations/topics/267

Steve chapman:
Hi
I am appealing for help trying to find information on isaiah whittall who left England in 1904 to work for m.j.whittall in their New York offices in broadway yonkers New York, my search runs cold in 1910, any info on isaiah whittall or his link with Matthew j whittall would be appreciated, isaiah was my great grandfather and quite the black sheep of the family lol, please help

Steve chapman:
I can add usually there isn't a great deal of value in the whittall rugs, these rugs were machined made and he produced over a million a year in its hey day, although they were considered to be the best rugs out there, the value in rugs today is usually for hand made ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version