Author Topic: Worcester and surrounding cities  (Read 5180 times)

jet

• Just Moved Here
Worcester and surrounding cities
« on: August 11, 2005, 11:29:41 AM »
We are moving to the Worcester area in the next few months.  We have young school age children and are looking for cities in the area (within 20-30 minutes drive from Worcester) that have good schools and are family friendly.  Can you give us some suggested cities?  Are there any areas that are just starting to get attention and attract buyers that may be a better investment area?  Thank you for your help.

tommyg

• Just Moved Here
Re: Worcester and surrounding cities
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 03:51:20 AM »
You might want to give the town of Westboro a look. It was just rated as one of the best 100 places to live in the country. ( I think it came in thirty something). School system is excellent, town services also. Plenty of athlectic programs, stores, etc. It is about 20 miles east of Worcester.

wps101

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 03:53:28 PM »
We are moving to the Worcester area in the next few months.  We have young school age children and are looking for cities in the area (within 20-30 minutes drive from Worcester) that have good schools and are family friendly.  Can you give us some suggested cities?  Are there any areas that are just starting to get attention and attract buyers that may be a better investment area?  Thank you for your help.
Paxton - 15 mins. from Downtown, prices going down;  Rutland -booming- prices rising but still a nice town;  Spencer- some not so great sections but a nice community!

Good luck and welcome- oh yeah Holden is great but overpriced!!!  West Boylston nice but WAY overpriced!

elbow

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 02:46:37 PM »
my first reaction woud be why not give Worcester itself a try?  you might be pleasantly surprised.
that being said and recognizing the persistent "surrounding towns" paradigm.... I was in Hudson the other day and it seemed like a really cute town with a nice bike path through the center.