General > Worcester Chit Chat

Lincoln Square Boys Club

(1/4) > >>

Rob:
What are your memories of Lincoln Square Boys Club?

Rob:
What games were available in the main Game Room? "Snaps" was popular. There was a shuffle board game played on a long table. What else?

pajkaki:
I was a member in the late 40's and early 50's.  I remember swimming in the pool, (naked of course).  Took music lessons on the second floor.  Of course played snaps in the game room.

Rob:
Making gimp lanyards in craft room in basement.

Lightning:
I remember going there to learn how to swim only! We lived in Grafton, but my dad took me there for lessons.The Boys Club had a contest for Father & son related to baseball. The father predicted the scores in future & the son wrote about their favorite player. I wrote about Stan Musial. We won first place that yr & my dad & I & other boy runner up got to go to a Red Sox game in box seats. Meet the players & get autographs!
Well, I got to meet Birdy Tebits (hairy arms) & Dom DiMaggio
(I think). I did not get to meet & get Ted Williams as promised as he had just broken his arm. This was likely 1948-50 period. I have news clipping somewhere at home.
Lightning

--- Quote from: Rob on March 05, 2007, 04:44:54 AM ---What are your memories of Lincoln Square Boys Club?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version