General > Worcester History

Radio station WORC 1310

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jenna:
I  remember WORC and WAAB way back when. In high school we called in our favorite songs and the DJ's would announce our names and even messages. Example: "You Gotta be a Football Hero," goes out to Okie O'Connor and the St. John's team. Those were the days my friends (and now you know I'm a lot older than the rest of you). Do any of you remember or have info about WTAG programs in the late 1940's? "Happiness Unlimited" was a Saturday morning children's show. It had a talent segment and also skits. I sang on this program when I was about 9-10. Then later on a couple talent shows, one broadcast from the studio, then later from Denholm's Dept. store. One of the announcer's went on to act in television, but can't recall his name.

JPF:
Jenna - The famous actor Tony Randall (The Odd Couple) was an announcer on WTAG, back in the '40s, I believe.

Robert Charles Pitchman:
My Website check it out.   www.worcester1946.net 
Funny I loved W.O.R.C  I saw some things about W.O.R.C. on youtube, There's one thing that I heard was that Pot was coming into Worcester in 1968 And 1969. At least that was what they said on YouTube. But when I was 17 in 1963 I was smoking it then. So how did they come up with 68 and 69 ?

Robert Charles Pitchman:
Man the Comic Strip now that was a long time ago. I saw Eric Burdon And The Animals there

RobinPearson:
Wow, I remember Jeff Starr at WORC.

"Star Power!" was his banner cry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version