Author Topic: Mountain Village Apartments?  (Read 4074 times)

Moving

• Just Moved Here
Mountain Village Apartments?
« on: February 05, 2006, 07:05:44 PM »
I've lived in Worcester for a long time, and in the same apartment which I love for over 8 years - but our landlord sold it recently, and we're getting some bad vibes about where things are heading, plus there's a big rent increase involved.  One of the things that freaks me out is moving someplace that seems nice until you actually live there.  On that front, I'm looking for info on Mountain Village apartments, on East Mountain St., near the Country Club.  It's a section of the city I have to admit I'm not very familiar with (yes, I have lived here 30+ years).

Our main concerns are: is it child friendly (we've an elementary school aged daughter, she's used to having a yard she can play in while we watch through our window), is it reasonably quiet (I don't expect silence all day long, but is this someplace prone to parties at all hours, screaming fights among neighbors, etc.).  Any school feedback would be nice, but she's currently not in the neighborhood public school, and she may well not change schools if we do move.  The price seems too reasonable, it makes me suspicious!  (I realize they have income guidelines, and am not even sure if we qualify at this point.)

Basically, any insight would be appreciated.

I hate moving.  More than that, I hate worrying about where we'll be living AFTER the move - the move is a few weeks of effort, the living will be much longer.  One hopes.

elbow

• Just Moved Here
Re: Mountain Village Apartments?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 05:38:39 PM »
It's a moderate income apartment complex run by a successful private company. i.e it is NOT public housing in that sense but they do get subsidies to offer moderately priced housing for normal people who want to live in Massachusetts.

they have ok yards and nice activities for kids I've heard...there's an onsite after school program, I believe.