Author Topic: AOH & TIARA presentation  (Read 5473 times)

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
AOH & TIARA presentation
« on: September 22, 2009, 03:31:18 AM »
Worcmik and I will be speaking at the AOH on Oct.10 Saturday on Worcester Irish.  Don't know if it is open to the public.  I suppose you could call.  TIARA is the Boston based irish genealogy association and holds very good conferences.  There will be a presentation by them on the Foresters project.  I have already obtained two filings from the Forsters for people.

worcmik

• Townie
Re: AOH & TIARA presentation
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 02:15:23 PM »
It is open to the public.

mctiara

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 07:02:14 AM »
Just wanted to confirm that the event on October 10 is free and open to the public. TIARA is really looking forward to hearing two Worcester experts give us their take on the Irish in Worcester. We'll be bringing along our index for the Foresters records that will eventually be digitized by the LDS. For more information on the joint meeting or the Foresters check out our website at www.tiara.ie.
Mary Choppa-TIARA programming co-chair

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 05:36:06 AM »
Sorry you'll miss it Helen.  I'm hoping to join up guess I have to join Ladies Auxilary rather than the AOH...someday maybe they'll merge. :-\

Is anyone else that is reading this board coming?  We'd both like to see you!

r0nd0

• Just Moved Here
Re: AOH & TIARA presentation - Thank you
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 06:28:27 AM »
Hi,

I attended the meeting Saturday, 10/10, and wanted to thank all the speakers that day, especially Mary Ellen and John, who both provided me with new information that I did not know and probably never would have without the projects they are doing.

I would like to follow-up with John, if you could contact me, or if someone could direct me as to how I could contact him, I would be very appreciative. I wrote down Mary Ellen's information, but not John's.

I'm new to this site also as a result of the meeting.

Thanks

Ron

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 08:03:34 AM »
Ron, post a new discussion subject and I'mm sure he'll see it.  I had a blast presenting my work.  John's and my research work well together.