Author Topic: April 5, 2008 Genealogy Day at WPL  (Read 7150 times)

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
April 5, 2008 Genealogy Day at WPL
« on: February 28, 2008, 11:38:53 AM »
I told Joy, the new genealogy reference librarian at the Worcester Public Library that I would post this for her.  It's a free day long series of lectures and workshops that is on a saturday from 9:30-4:30.  Free coffee, please bring a bag lunch.  She is trying to get a great speaker on irish genealogy.  This program will hopefully get posted on the WPL website    worcpublib.org.  I will definitely be there.  Who else is interested?

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: April 5, 2008 Genealogy Day at WPL
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 01:54:07 AM »
Anyone cming to this?  I'll be there...

traveler

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 11:30:59 AM »
I would like to steal an hour or so and drop in. My mother will be 90 and we're having a party on Sun. If we get in town early enough I'll come by for a short time. Marion

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 01:56:29 AM »
It's not just on irish genealogy, perhaps if you speak to joy you can find out whwn that subject is scheduled.  Would love to see you again after all that cemetery work we did.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 04:08:58 AM »
I've looked at the schedule and though there will be great talks, there won't be one specifically on irish genealogy.  I'm still going because I will learn stuff about research, etc., land records, I am unfamiliar with.  Hope I get to see some of you there!

worcmik

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 05:02:58 PM »
How freaking hard could it be to find someone that could give a presentation on Irish genealogy? oh well.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 04:35:09 AM »
It was a great day!  I learned lots of new things and left slips on this website encouraging new folks to join.  Worcmik dropped in to say hi at lunchbreak.  We've agreed to put something together on irish research for worcester at next year's program.  Hope you'll come and also help us with things you learned the hard way or even aids that you found extremely useful.

traveler

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 06:01:42 AM »
It was a great day!  I learned lots of new things and left slips on this website encouraging new folks to join.  Worcmik dropped in to say hi at lunchbreak.  We've agreed to put something together on irish research for worcester at next year's program.  Hope you'll come and also help us with things you learned the hard way or even aids that you found extremely useful.
I wish I could have spent a couple of hours there, but even that much turned out to be impossible. Sounds like it was worthwhile. Well, maybe next year. I'll just have to be satisfied reading the wonderful research done on this site.

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 11:33:10 AM »
Duh, I went to the library TODAY!!  Here's something that was forwarded to me:

On Tuesday evening, Apr 8, at the Auburn Public Lib, Auburn, MA (next to the Auburn Mall) at 7:00 the Worcester Chapter of MSOG will have as its guest speaker Janice Duffy from Mass. Archives speaking on Irish research. This meeting is free and open to the public.
Sandy