Author Topic: Death certificate  (Read 14384 times)

Sloinne

• Just Moved Here
Death certificate
« on: January 25, 2010, 12:20:05 AM »
Hallo Listers
Could anybody tell me how I would get a death certificate for an Edward P Healy who died in Worcester 27 Jun 2001. His death is listed in the Massachusetts Death Index. I am trying to confirm that he was a grandson of a gtgranduncle of mine.

Many Thanks

Clare Tuohy
Dublin Ireland

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Death certificate
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 02:43:15 AM »
Clare, if you google city clerk worcester mass. you should get a link to their office.  I can try to email you an obituary if you've given an email address.  Welcome! :) Duh! saw the email address will try for obit.

Sloinne

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 03:43:10 AM »
Merski
What an incredible response- Thank you so much for that obituary - much more information in it than would have been in a death certificate. All I now need is to find a death record for his father Denis E Healy whom I am nearly positive is the son of a gt-granduncle.

Many thanks again
Clare

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 07:01:46 AM »
Did his father and mother also die in worcester?  Will try to look up for you.  Where are these Healy's from in ireland?  I keep a database.Mary Ellen

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 08:13:55 AM »
Claire I found Dennis E. Healy and wife Nellie in the 1930 census in Worcester Mass.
He's born in ireland c. 1887 emigrated c.1910 and is naturalized Son Edward P. 10 yrs. Daughter Margaret 5 years
living on Fairmont St. and he is employed as a stationary Fireman for the city of worcester.

1920 census found finds him newly married to Nellie
1910 census I think I found him in nearby Brookfield boarding with John & Margaret Healy.  Perhaps John is a brother or cousin...
from other boarders, I guess that your Healy's are from Kerry. 8)

Sloinne

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 09:05:58 AM »
Merski

Thank you for all your efforts.
Yes Denis Healy was from Kerry. I believe he was the youngest son of Edmund Kerrisk and Ann McGuinness of Toornanough townland in Kilcummin near Killarney. Edmund Kerrisk was the eldest son of my great grandparents Patrick Kerrisk Anna Harrington of Gortlassa Firies Kerry.
I had already seen the census entries you mentioned and this led me to try and confirm that he definitely fitted in this family. Denis travelled to US in 1909 also travelling with him was his brother John Healy who was returning to Worcester and had been already living in Water St Worcester. Denis gave John's name as his contact in US. So the Denis described as a boarder is most likely John's brother. I wonder why that wasn't stated. John married Margaret Brosnahan/Bresnihan/Brosnan also from Kerry a townland called Knockreagh Castleisland Kerry and there are a number of the Brosnan family to be found in the census.
 Using the information you gave me from the obituary I have ordered online the marriage record of Denis and Nellie Sullivan and when I get confirmation will post here.

Many thanks again for your help

Regards
Clare

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 10:32:57 AM »
We all like helping folks such as yourself! 

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 10:44:28 AM »
Just looked up 10 July 1902 marriage of John Healy & Mgt. Brosnihan  his parents are given as Edmond Healy & Annie McGuinness  The marriage took place in worcester, I believe.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 11:39:33 AM »
What boat, date and port did Denis arrive in America?

Sloinne

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 12:30:02 PM »
Merski

This is incredible- I never thought I would find so much information so quickly. Many thanks again.
Denis and John -though listed separately - travelled on SS Ivernia from Queenstown to Boston 19 May 1909. Have copies of passenger lists. It seems I don't have to get Denis' marriage certificate as all the information now shows that Denis is John Healy's brother. A number of Kerrisk families changed to the Healy surname going to US or Australia.

Merski - Go raibh míle maith agat = a thousand thanks

Clare

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 03:31:52 PM »
I hope this means I have another pal in Ireland! 

Sloinne

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 03:00:37 AM »
I hope this means I have another pal in Ireland! 
You certainly have!! And if I can help with any Irish records do let me know.
Regards
Clare

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 03:14:52 AM »
I looked up Dennis Healy's death on the Social Security Death index and found what I think is his death date.  December 1969 (birth 1889 which is close enough for me) When I get a chance I'll go to the Worcester Public Library and look up his exact death date in the Phone directories and then his obituary.  Please email me so I can get your mailing address.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 06:09:29 AM »
Found burial date of Denis E. Healy 29 July 1963
his wife Nellie T. Sullivan Healy buried 6 Aug. 1971   in FIVE lot at St. John's cemetery

His brother John, I have two buirals of John Lealy and have to figure out who is who.

May try for obits on Saturday now that I have the dates to work with.

FYI the 1960 -1970 Worcester city diectories don't give deaths but you can approximate the year when the widow is listed seperately

Sloinne

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 07:31:13 AM »
Merski

Again many thanks for that information re Denis Healy. I have some further information on John Healy his brother. John's baptismal date is 25 Mar 1870. He emigrated earlier - probably around 1900 . His youngest son was Edmund Patrick a priest and died in Pompano Beach Florida 1995. This information is from a family relative of his wife Margaret Brosnihan living in Oregon.
I have not found anything further on Johns' 3 daughters.

Regards
Clare