Author Topic: Higgins family  (Read 24473 times)

mike higgins

• Just Moved Here
Re: Higgins family
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 07:54:18 AM »
To all of you:
My access to a computer is thru the Va. State Library so, that's why my responses are lagging by a couple of days.
Thanks to all of you, many times.  The tears have flowed.
Emotions don't come readily as I'm a 34 year veteran of 3 wars...damn, got it wrong.  I'm a 34 year potential right-wing extremist who participated in 3 man-caused disasters...yeah, much better.

In any case, how do I go about obtaining the naturalization records?
2nd question, am I correct in assuming that Margaret & the children were moved are buried with the rest?

Margaret was from Ireland also, none of the census data indicates that she was naturalized.  If Maurice was naturalized in 1857, would Margaret be considered a U.S. citizen because she was married to one and thereby, not have to go through the process ??

To capecollen and Cheryl:
Thanks so very much, for all that you've done.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 01:38:01 PM »
Mike if you send for those records promise us you'll give us the details....we live for stuff like that and I can add it to my database!

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 02:43:50 AM »
Mike get both naturalizations for Maurice AND Patrick,,,I betcha they're related.  Also you're so close to the real National Archives, you may want to go to Washington and get them yourself.  I think they have the original records!  Keep us in mind...

mike higgins

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 08:26:51 AM »
To all:

Thank you again and when I obtain the naturalization records you can bet you folks will get them.

Mike

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2009, 01:53:33 PM »
Mike, I was at the library today and looked up the death date for Maurice Higgins the elder died 20 Feb. 1921

Found his obit in the worcester evening post!   It says he was born in County cork!   was in Worcester by Sept. 1851
That was the month and year my gggrandfather was born in worcester!

Still go for those naturalization records.  I will mail you this if you email me at the address I gave you and give me your mailing address.

mike higgins

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 09:02:24 AM »
Mike, I was at the library today and looked up the death date for Maurice Higgins the elder died 20 Feb. 1921

Found his obit in the worcester evening post!   It says he was born in County cork!   was in Worcester by Sept. 1851
That was the month and year my gggrandfather was born in worcester!

Still go for those naturalization records.  I will mail you this if you email me at the address I gave you and give me your mailing address.

Wow!! Can't thank you enough.  My address is 4141 Lakefield Dr. Apt C Richmond, Va. 23231

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 03:37:23 AM »
Will send this off today.  BTW Callaghan Funeral Home did the burial on Maurice and is still in business.  You may be able to email or call them to get the dtails of the reinternment of his wife and babies.  They're very nice and helpful.  I think it's Fay- Callaghan Funeral Home in Worcester.

mike higgins

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 06:28:12 AM »
Will send this off today.  BTW Callaghan Funeral Home did the burial on Maurice and is still in business.  You may be able to email or call them to get the dtails of the reinternment of his wife and babies.  They're very nice and helpful.  I think it's Fay- Callaghan Funeral Home in Worcester.

Thanks so very much.  I may not respond as quickly and my trip to the archives must be suspended.  My wife has survived breast cancer for 9 years, yesterday we find out she has lymphoma.  Thanks for all you've done for me, please remember her in your prayers, thanks

Mike

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 10:39:02 AM »
Mike, take care of what's important to you.  That's what matters to all of us.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 12:25:29 PM »
Mike, how are you getting by.  We think of you and your wife and what you're going through....

mike higgins

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 07:34:01 AM »
Mike, how are you getting by.  We think of you and your wife and what you're going through....

Thank you one and all, we are making progress.  My wife has to go through chemo and she is frightened, but she's a real champ.  I've met some brave people in my career but she's my hro...all 4'11" 82 lbs

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 11:26:44 AM »
Tell her for us "you Go girl!''

mike higgins

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2009, 07:36:52 AM »
Does anyone know if there is a site such as this for Taunton?  My garndmother Evelyn was living in Taunton with a Cecilia O'Mara on the 1930 census.  Cecilia is listed as "aunt-in-law".  I do not know Evelyn's maiden name and Cecilia is a possible link.  Cecilia was born in 1842 and is listed on every Taunton city directory, but she only shows up on the 1930 census ?????
My wife is doing as well as can be expected, but very scared and she thanks all of you for your prayers, kindness and concern

Mike 

mike higgins

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2009, 07:38:31 AM »
Mike , not sure if this helps but a Mary O'Marra dies age 53 0n 21 FEB 1904, informant was Celia O'Marra. Mary lived at 15 Cohannet St. same address as Higgins in 1930. Mary was born in Taunton daughter of Simon O'Marra and Catherine O'Donnell both born Ireland. She's buried in Mayflower Hill Cemetery Taunton,MA. The O'Marra's were in Taunton early a Simon was born 1847/48. Catherine died in 1878 in her 70's no parents listed. Helen

Thank you, thank you, thank you (any reference to Jim Nabors is purely coincidental.  I now have one of two possibilities for my grandmothers maiden name.