Author Topic: genealogybank look-up?  (Read 15157 times)

lizburke

• Just Moved Here
genealogybank look-up?
« on: March 08, 2008, 07:10:36 AM »
Is there someone with a subscription to genealogybank who would not mind looking up 2 articles for me?  I think they are long shots...but intriguing.  I am looking for more info on the Bridget Burke mentioned in Connecticut, New Haven Register, Sept. 14, 1896, article headline - "Must not draw pension" about a Margaret McKenna, keeper of a boarding house where "Mrs. Bridget Burke was found in a helpless condition of squalor and disease".  The second article with a title "City Court-Judge Pickett", March 17, 1888, also in Connecticut, New Haven Register mentions a Bridget Burke.  Thank you so much for any help you can give.  Liz (Burke) Robinson

lizburke

• Just Moved Here
Re: genealogybank look-up?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 08:06:21 AM »
Liz, I looked up articles. The March 17 1888 just states that Bridget Burke was before court for disobedience continued to March 19. The other article is very lenghty. Mrs. McKenna ran boarding house for elderly woman and was scamming pensions. I can send it to you via email. It will not let me copy. I can put in pdf. At the end of article it said Mrs. Burke had insurance policy and Mrs. Mckenna had a speculation policy on her. The 3 children of Bridget Burke claim to hold policy and they give address as 897 East St. The numbers are not clear it may be different adress on East St. Hope this helps. Colleen
Hi Colleeen, I've not done this before; hope I am replying correctly.  yes please, would you send the article to me?  lizburke48@hotmail.com  It's very likely not my Bridget but I am having SUCH trouble finding her in Mass. that I'm grasping at straws!  thank you.  liz

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 03:01:39 PM »
Can you try to look up a death of Dennis Shea in worcester mass. 1860-1880?  I think he may have had an industrial accident.  Thanks!  Merski

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 01:51:31 AM »
Can you send me the Julia O'connor things via email?  mer330athotmail.com (substitute @ for at)  I think that this might prevent junkmail as it is not a direct email address.  I'll get back to you about Dennis Shea and a better date to home in on.  I appreciate your help.  Merski

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 11:30:05 AM »
Thanks!  I got them all.  No. 2 was for my Julia O'Connor

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 02:41:34 AM »
Liz, could you try to use genealogybank to look up Carl A. Peterson and the Worcester Athletic club for me?  It is 1920s-1940s especially basketball team.  I'm helping someone who is like me worcester irish/swedish an interesting romeo/juliet combination.  Thanks for any and all help.  I spoke with Genealogy head at the WPL and she's going to look into maybe having genealogybank available at the library...keep your fingers crossed!

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 05:42:12 AM »
I'd still like to see them, they may be for his father (same name).  Can you email them to me?  Thanks!

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 07:19:58 AM »
I got them all  Thank you, my genealogical angel!

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 01:55:37 AM »
Helen, can you try to see if there is an obit for Mary Conlin Macnamara died Worcester (I think) april 14-19, 1913?  I'm trying to connect her with another conlin family I'm researching.  Thanks!!  I may end up going to the WPL to look at the Messenger also but with gas so high it won't be anytime soon.   

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 03:22:49 AM »
I really don't know that much about her.  She married Michael MacNamara if that's any help.  I'm taking next wek off so I'll make the trip into worcester.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 05:32:43 AM »
Yes!  That's a connection with the conlin descendant in Ohio.  It's his son, I think.  So you can email those to me?  I really really appreciate it.  At themusic festival we'll taost to the health happiness and success to everyone on this board!

Germac

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 05:32:56 PM »
Hi Merski & capeColleen, I just joined this message board and I just fell off my chair when I saw this. Michael McNamara and Mary Conlin McNamara are my  great grandparents! Mary Conlin's parents are Patrick Conlin and Anne Judge. According to my records Mary was born 1848 and died (buried at St John's cemetery on 4-19-1913.)  I wondered if Mary had any brothers & sisters?  Would love to hear from her descendants as I can provide good info on the McNamara's side. 

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 02:09:03 AM »
I am helping germac through ancestry websire.  Ger, post something inder heading mcnamara and see what you get.  I promise to email you as soon as I can!  or if you post a a new topic under McNamara, I'll do it under that.

Germac

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 02:31:24 PM »
Thank You! I can't wait to hear from the Conlin family and Merski.  I'm at Gerry.McNamara@yahoo.com if they need to send Word documents.

My aunt's maiden name was a Burke (from Uxbridge)!

Ger

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2008, 02:43:06 AM »
Gerry, I'm Mary Ellen aka Merski