Author Topic: Devines  (Read 4433 times)

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Devines
« on: April 11, 2007, 01:03:02 PM »
I'm working with a volunteer whose great grandfather was John Devine, who came to worcester with his parents.  He and his brother Thomas married two sisters whose last name was Bedard.  Any Connections out there?   I gave her aunt this website so hopefully she will jump on.  Marion, any one of yours?   

traveler

• Just Moved Here
Re: Devines
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 03:12:42 PM »
I'm working with a volunteer whose great grandfather was John Devine, who came to worcester with his parents.  He and his brother Thomas married two sisters whose last name was Bedard.  Any Connections out there?   I gave her aunt this website so hopefully she will jump on.  Marion, any one of yours?   

I 've looked at this family, checked city directories, census, and some grave records, but as far as I can see no connection. At one time I had e-mail contact with a researcher in this family and there are some queries on the message board. Good luck. Marion

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
Re: Devines
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 09:30:51 AM »
 Actually believe it or not I have done some work on this family-not because it is a direct connection by any means but it is one of meanderings off of one of the Doyle families I am connected with in Worcester.  Actually it is more connected to the Doyle wife and one of the marriages of the Horgan family-again a meandering which lead me to the Devines.

The furthest far back infomration I have is John Devine born around 1840 in Ireland and his wife Mary Lyons born around 1850 in Ireland who immigrated to Worcester. According to Census they were married around 1875 in Ireland.

Their son John Devine married Bridget Leonard in 1907 in Worcester-both  born in Ireland-October 8, 1907 in Worcester( I probably got that from the MA Vitals)  and it is their sons Thomas and John who married the Bedards although I only have the information for Thomas who married Rose Bedard.  i do have the names of a few family members but like I said my research was a bit of meandering on my part.