Author Topic: Clinton question  (Read 3846 times)

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
Clinton question
« on: March 22, 2007, 03:45:59 AM »
 Some of my research is now taking me in the direction of Clinton. I have been trying to use the town directories to locate people and death dates but Ancestry only has a few-like two-directories on line.

Does any other site carry Clinton town directorries? Does any one know if Clinton residents are listed in the Worcester directories-I couldn't seem to find them there.

Ancestry's section with directories is just so so. Inevidently the year I need is always the only they do not have the complete accessibility to-very frustrating.  I know WPL has them all but my time is limited so I usually try to do the groundwork before I get there rather than go through volumes and volumes of directories which is not always the answer.

bvirish

• Just Moved Here
Re: Clinton question
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 07:45:43 AM »

I am not sure what time period your are looking at, but you probably won't find the information in Worc.

Try the Clinton Historical Society.

200 Church Street
Clinton, MA 01510
978-368-0084

I believe their hours are limited to Saturdays.

I have been told they have a complete set of directories.

The Bigelow Free Library (Public) in Clinton has an incomplete set of directories.

Clinton has a very good Historical Society relative to other small towns.

Good luck.

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
Re: Clinton question
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 08:46:35 AM »
  Thanks for the information. I guess it was too much to hope for that it would be on line anywhere.