Author Topic: Worcester Forresters Index  (Read 5759 times)

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Worcester Forresters Index
« on: January 30, 2009, 01:57:45 AM »
If you go to the TIARA website (The Irish Ancestral Research Association) they now have an index to search for Massachusetts members of the Foresters which was an Insurance/benevolent group.  They have death dates and TIARA members can get photocopies of the file.  I've heard speakers talk about the details in these files which are very helpful to irish research. I'm planning to extract all of the Worcester members off of it to eventually do research on them.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Worcester Forresters Index
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 03:53:05 AM »
YAAAAAAY! ;D

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 05:27:30 AM »
Was it the Dee family? or am I mixing you up with another researcher?  Please let us know when you get the recors what sorts of things that you didn't know were on it.  Particularly interested in irish details.  Thanks!

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 11:46:04 AM »
That's really strange, Helen but it does sound like him though.  I've heard that sometimes documents just don't jive and you need to read between the lines...for example if his brothers died before him, he might say he had no brothers....I don't know what to make of it.

worcmik

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 12:27:45 PM »
Do you believe him to be the youngest of the Irish-born children? If he were the first born of a second wife and had two sisters born to his mom after they moved to America he would be telling the truth on the Forrester form. No brothers, two sisters. They did not ask him if he had any half-brothers or half sisters, and he did not offer. J.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 02:36:40 AM »
Don't pay too much attention to birthdates, Helen...I'm not convinced that 19th century irish immigrants knew their birthdates!  Also an irish friend told me that christenings can be well off from the birthdate because they needed to bring them to town and that sometimes it was on a market day or festival...   I really feel for you with all of those Jameses and Anastasia's that's exactly how we all get mixed up.  Sometimes it's not the first data you find that's the match.  There could be several men about the same age in Killrosanty named James Crotty ofter their grandfather!