Author Topic: Worcester Spy Question  (Read 3672 times)

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
Worcester Spy Question
« on: February 23, 2008, 03:43:12 AM »
  About a week ago, out of curiousity, I went to the genealogybank.com and did a search for Michael Curtin and got a few entries.  I was wondering if anyone still has access to that site.

It appears this Mr. Curtin seems to have a few run ins with the Worcester police concerning the sale of liquor-which might explain why, if that is my Curtin, may have gotten out of Dodge,er, Worcester for a few years. That particular kind of trouble seems to be in my branch of the family as well. My grandfather, supposedly, according to family lore, had a few run ins  because of making moonshine so it would not "shock" me if this this my Curtin.

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
Re: Worcester Spy Question
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 02:20:59 AM »
  Thank you for doing that for me. I can definitely say the last one on the Upsala Street is my husband's great grandfather-the family more or less stayed on that street for years.

I do wonder about the other Michael Curtin-if it is him. I do know that the family moved-well at least Michael and Margaret moved to Worcester soon after their Boston February 1889  marriage. My husband's grandfather John was born that December in Worcester. Daughter Ethel was born a year later in Worcester but daughter Lucy was born in 1894 in Providence but how long they lived in Providence and for what particular reason I really don't know. I also have a graduation picture of Ethel from 1905 -Classical I think- taken in Worcester. It is the Rhode Island years I know nothing about. One of John's sons married a Nolin from Providence so I have to wonder if, perhaps, there was a connection from that city that lasted many years-either good friends or a relative who I have not discovered yet.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 02:24:32 AM by corky3 »