Author Topic: Looking for info on John Sweeney  (Read 15968 times)

worcmik

• Townie
Re: Looking for info on John Sweeney
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 07:20:15 PM »
Patrick Sweeney owns the plot John went to at St. John's B/9/5

fivegenirish

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 01:37:00 AM »
Thank You!

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 02:53:35 AM »
How come I didn't find it when I went on genealogy bank??!!??  What did you use to search???

fivegenirish

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 04:19:26 PM »
I typed in his name ... in key words ( i think that what it said ) I put worcester, then I changed it to woollen and it came up!    Oh ..I also checked off Massachusetts.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 10:35:06 AM »
Jack, I was at the WPL today and looked at all of the newspapers that were in Worcester at the time and found NO references to the accident at Fox's.  One newspaper (drat it all!!!) didn't have the two weeks in question!!
We tried!

fivegenirish

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 03:15:21 PM »
Thank you! You are most helpful ..... I guess I'll just keep on digging .... I am going to write City Hall for the death record maybe I can learn something from that .... I been a little busy with my family my 3rd grand baby was born three weeks ago.... she's a blessing but has kept us busy ... the hunt must go on! thanks again

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 03:01:16 AM »
I'll let you know which newspaper was missing.  It may be possible that the Antiquarian society may have it.  I have gone there to look up an obituary.  They give you the third degree first but it's understandable because they have some priceless stuff.  You may also check with the worcester historical museum to see if they have a file on Fox's.  I like helping people...it keeps me off the streets :P :P!

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 04:23:25 AM »
The Worcester Weekly Transcript Nov. 15th issue is missing.  Maybe the Antiquarian Society has it.  You would have to be certain that they have it in a bound edition (or loose) because the films were made from someone's bound set.  Of course there may be no mention at all of this accident since I checked the other 3 old worcester newspapers and couldn't find anything ;)

fivegenirish

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 09:43:20 AM »
Thank you (again); I will check out the Antiquarian Society. I have ascertained through my research [with the help of you & others here at Worc. talk] that this John is my Great-great grandfather’s younger brother. I was under the impression that the John buried at St. John’s was either Patrick Sweeney’s son or Father as they both were named John. I have sent for John’s death certificate in hopes of finding the place whence they came from in Ireland ….. Will not hold my breath as they almost always say Ireland! I still have not made it to Holy Cross for a peek at Flynn’s records but will do it soon … thanks again for the newest lead. Maybe I’ll see you on Sunday @ the Irish Muisic Festival

Go raibh maith agat
 Jack

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2010, 02:22:16 AM »
Will we see you at the irish festival???

fivegenirish

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2010, 05:55:31 AM »
I have to juggle a few things, but my intent is to be there! I may be able to do the volunteer thing for TIARA (I am a member) ... so I am looking more at Sunday. I need to coordinate something’s with family before I commit.  ;)

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2010, 06:07:05 AM »
I'm a tiara member too! I'm working 1-4 on Sunday!