General > Looking For Former Worcester Residents

WEST BOYLSTON ST. SCHOOL>>> MISS SCHNEIDERMAN

(1/2) > >>

peg127:
Hi

I am wondering if anyone knows what happended to my favorite teacher Miss Frances Schnieiderman.  I presumed she has passed away by now.  I wonder about her accomplishements.  Anyone have any information on her?  Please e-mail me with it.  Thank you.

Pam :)

IMMarkRiCO:

--- Quote from: peg127 on November 21, 2004, 07:48:21 AM ---Hi

I am wondering if anyone knows what happended to my favorite teacher Miss Frances Schnieiderman.  I presumed she has passed away by now.  I wonder about her accomplishements.  Anyone have any information on her?  Please e-mail me with it.  Thank you.

She was a great teacher. I used to love it whe she would put us over her knee for acting up. The truth is I thought the terachers at West Boylston Street were a bumch of old nags as a student, especially Mrs Topper and Miss Brennan, but looking back I can see that they were actually good old fashioned 3 r's types of teacher. Miss Brennan couldn't help it of she was a drooler. Does anyone remember getting the "red hand" in the principals office. Bring back corporal punishment.
--- End quote ---

IMMarkRiCO:
Her First name was Fannie not Frances, and I don't think you have that last name spelled correctly either. She must surely be deceased as it seems like she must have been in her 70's when I had her as a teacher back in 1965. We were lucky to have such relics as teachers at West Boylston Street School, though it did not seem so at the time. Miss Gulbrand, Mrs Faucher, Miss Marah, Miss Brennan, Mrs. Topper were all good old fashioned teachers, way behind the times, thank goodness. In some ways it was a much better time in elementary education than today.

peg127:

--- Quote from: IMMarkRiCO on February 19, 2007, 06:38:34 PM ---Her First name was Fannie not Frances, and I don't think you have that last name spelled correctly either. She must surely be deceased as it seems like she must have been in her 70's when I had her as a teacher back in 1965. We were lucky to have such relics as teachers at West Boylston Street School, though it did not seem so at the time. Miss Gulbrand, Mrs Faucher, Miss Marah, Miss Brennan, Mrs. Topper were all good old fashioned teachers, way behind the times, thank goodness. In some ways it was a much better time in elementary education than today.

--- End quote ---

Her name. indeed, was Frances P. Schneiderman (maybe this spelling is off?).  Her nick name was "Fannie".

Bill Kelly:

--- Quote from: peg127 on November 21, 2004, 07:48:21 AM ---Hi

--- End quote ---

Pam,

She passed away I think in the 1990's.  When West Boyleston Street school was torn down to make way for a freeway, the new elementary school was named after her (it was built behind) Forrest St.Junior High.

-Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version