Author Topic: Irish Genealogy at FGS/NEHGS conference  (Read 4211 times)

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Irish Genealogy at FGS/NEHGS conference
« on: April 08, 2006, 03:20:40 AM »
Aug. 30-Sept. 2 2006 will be a huge Annual conference run by the Federation of Genealogical Societies & the NEHGS.  There will be two Irish tracks with all sorts of Professional Irish speakers for all of us who want to know more.  I'm planning on going.  If you go to the Irish Ancestral Research Association, their website is www.tiara.ie, you can connect through their link.  They are offering a discount for anyone who registers through their organization.  You don't have to be a member of their group to do so.  I have been a member for years...I like their newsletter but I can't easily get into Boston for their meetings.  They are doing incredible work with organizing the Irish Foresters Insurance records for the state which will benefit a lot of us later. 

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
Re: Irish Genealogy at FGS/NEHGS conference
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 04:28:49 AM »
It is exactly for the Foresters Insurance information I have joined TIARA. That is where I was directed by the Archdiocese for further information-hopefully to find out where the Curtins were from in Clare.

The Clare Library site has added another database if anyone is interested. It is Registry of Freeholders, Co. Clare, 1841. I am wondering if the John Curtin listed there might be my John Curtin, father of Michael J. -it would coordinate with a few other records I have come up with.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Irish Genealogy at FGS/NEHGS conference
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 02:03:17 AM »
Well, I'm getting ready for this conference in Boston.  There's a choice among 4 simutaneous Irish track lectures, so it feels like college.  I'm hoping to go to every lecture, so I can develop some professional skills.  I signed up for an in depth workshop on Griffith's Valuation. ;D