Author Topic: Coakley/Quirk  (Read 7535 times)

CPBruce

• Just Moved Here
Coakley/Quirk
« on: August 28, 2005, 08:01:50 AM »
I am researching my grandparents, John Coakley and Mary Quirk of Firies, who married in Worcester, Massachusetts, USA sometime between 1897-1900. Mary Quirk was born in Firies around 1875, and family tradition says John Coakley was born on a neighboring farm. I have located her in US census (1920 and 1930) but cannot access any Kerry information. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

MaryLand

• Just Moved Here
Re: Coakley/Quirk
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 03:10:55 PM »
I am not sure if this will help at all, but I went to Calvin Coolidge Grade School with a Kathy Quirk.  She went to Shrewsbury High School and graduated in 1968.  I see the reunion page is not showing any info on her other than her name, Kathleen F. (Quirk) Donahue.  It may be a place to start though and backtrack to the Quirks you are searching for.  If there should be some resemblance in the Quirk family, I recall Kathy to be very tall for a young girl, thin, fair skin and long light brown hair.
I hope you find your connections.
MaryLand

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 03:09:34 AM »
Just a little tidbit I came across on Ellis Island site while searching for Cronins.
The Cedric, April 20, 1903
Nora Coakley age 20 and Hannah Coakley age 18 travelling from Killarney to their sister Mary Coakley 18 Fox Street Worcester MA
Same page:
Julia Daley from Killarney to sister Katie Daley 56 Williams Street Worcester MA
Mary Cronin age 20 Killarney to uncle ?Michael Donohue 14 Fox Street Worcester MA

CPBruce

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 07:01:03 PM »
Thanks for the Nora and Hannah information.  I'll check the Fox Street address in the city directories.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 01:37:24 PM »
My friend in Killarney found Mary Quirk registered in Killarney records.  Will obtain birth cert. for you

cus46

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 03:11:04 AM »
I have been researching the Coakley's from Worcester. I have some information on John T. & Mary J. Quirk. They were married on 1/04/1900. John's parents were Timothy J. & Elizabeth Hayes. If you need more info, let me know.

CPBruce

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 04:59:44 PM »
[Would love to have any information you have about John T. Coakley and Maary Quirk.  My mother, Julia Coakley Peterson, was their 3rd child.  I have received birth certificates for both John and Mary.  You are welcome to any information I have.  Christine

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 02:11:45 AM »
Hi to you two.  So, you must be related?  How can we on this board help you?