Author Topic: Is Worcester dog-friendly?  (Read 4985 times)

mskarlamae

• Just Moved Here
Is Worcester dog-friendly?
« on: September 20, 2006, 03:16:13 PM »
Hi, I'm contemplating a relocation to Worcester in conjunction with a job offer.  I'm wondering if anyone can tell me whether Worcester is dog-friendly -- i.e., are there any parks in the city where people bring their dogs to play/interact with other dogs, preferrably where the dogs are allowed to play off-leash? 

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

john c

• Just Moved Here
Re: Is Worcester dog-friendly?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 12:35:56 AM »
I don't think its anything like Florida where we have large enclosures/pens that are segregated for large and small dogs. In florida, namely clearwater, we have doggy beaches where you can let you pet run free up and down the beach. I've lived in Worcester for a number of years and I don't recall a place specifically for dogs. It is something the city should look into. Green Hill Park would be a good place to start. I don't think they have much of a budget for parks and recreation in Worcester and I think its too bad. so many fo the cities highlighter areas are indeed the parks and it would be a shame to see them go down hill. The other place to have one would be on Park avenue, one on Shrewsbury street, one on Vernon Hill. ect. I can only suggest you call the Parks services and ask if they do indeed have enclosures for small and large dogs. They get such and education sniffing each other and interacting. Good luck :)

Darlene J.

Re: Is Worcester dog-friendly?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 10:32:06 AM »
Boydon Park usually has dogs and their owners out for walks and friendly dogs are unleashed and playful. It is located in the West end of the city at the bottom of the airport. As for the city in general, dogs must be leashed. Many of us own dogs and are good about following the dog owning laws. Trying to rent a place that allows pets is a bit of a problem.