General > Worcester Chit Chat

mickey green's

(1/2) > >>

maddog:
in shrewsbury on route 9 there use to be night club called mickey green's in the 1970's with some good bands,i remember some groups names one was new bay colony,another was the drifter's 4 also mass commonwealth does anyone know others and what is the name of the club now?

OuttaWistah:
The building Mickey green's was in has been gone and replaced by a car wash for 20 years. I used to hang out in Mickey Green's myself.

David Daniels:
I used to live in Worcester I had a band called "Dave Daniels and US" we played mickey green's many times from 1968 to 1970
Good to know the old folks are still around.

I now live in Shreveport,  LA.

David Daniels

Glitterbug:
I used to go to Mickey Green's on occasion years ago. I used to go to all the places that played country music. Sure do miss the good old days at some of the places like The Log Cabin, Mount Auburn,The Alpine, Uncle Fred's just to name a few. Really miss all the entertainers that have passed away.  Especially Pete Green and Hal Warren. Hal was my brother-in-law. His son (my nephew) Gene Weatherbee also played in many of the local clubs. He is a musician in Nashville and is in the process of making a CD.

Frankie:
Loved Mickey Greens and a spot in Westboro --cant rememeber the name. The Ends and the New Breed!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version