Author Topic: TIARA Conference Display  (Read 5075 times)

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
TIARA Conference Display
« on: July 03, 2008, 02:03:14 AM »
I'm going to the TIARA (The irish ancestral research association) conference on Saturday July 12th in Waltham Mass.  I'm setting up a display panel to try to show all of the work and community we have of worcester researchers.  Wish me luck!  I'm trying to get a pic of the Carroll girls from their trip to Ireland to give as an example of how we've helped each other.  Anyone else going?

As an aside, I went on the 1860 census for the town of Barre, Mass. and found to my astonishment that Moses Ruggles the enumerator had actually listed the irish county of origin for 95% of the irish born folks in Barre!!!  I hope that you all would check the towns that you live in in the 1860 census to see if you have the same great luck and then transcribe or download it and give it to your historical society.

cheryl

• Townie
Re: TIARA Conference Display
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 03:36:24 AM »
Hello Merski,
I sent an email with pictures today from my trip last May.  I sent four from Kilcummin but if you need more to fill up space let me know.  I have pictures from Muckross Abbey & Clover's Lane in Killarney that I could send.  I have an email for the Carroll girls and will give them a try.  Capecolleen is in Ireland now I believe. 

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: TIARA Conference Display
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 10:56:47 AM »
Thanks...I know Helen is going to light a penny candle for all of us when she's in Ireland.