Author Topic: Non worcester help!  (Read 4336 times)

secullen21

• Just Moved Here
Non worcester help!
« on: June 21, 2011, 12:12:09 PM »

Hi there, So, I am back on the genealogy game but have hit a dead end!  I can not find the marriage record for my great grandparents....and you all were so helpful with my last request that i was hoping you'd be able to help again!  As a married couple they were Emma and Bertie Provost and lived in Haverhill.  They would have married at somepoint after 1900 as I have found a record for Emma (nee Jaqueline) marrying a Mark Sennott in Boston in 1900 (that was news to the family-but its definitely her!).  She must have moved back to Haverhill at somepoint after that.  Bertie has also been a bit tricky as it seems that he took the last name Lacourse briefly (his step-father).  Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Emma Louise Jacqueline (1881) parents Louis Jacqueline and Emma Foster
Bertie Provost(1879) parent Clara (Cleophie) Provost

Many many thanks!

Sarah

Many many thanks!!

Sarah

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Non worcester help!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 02:48:17 AM »
The 1910 census shows Bertie and Emma married 9 years.  The oldest daughter was 5 yrs old.  They may have had a child that died after they got married because I find it hard to believe that they would wait to have children.  Couldn't find marriage so far.  Couldn't find death of Mark Sennott (I'm wondering if his real name was Martin)...Perhaps they divorced or the marriage was annulled.  It also could be that Bertie & Emma married out of state to avoid controversy.