Author Topic: Gallivins/Galvins from County Kerry  (Read 4993 times)

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Gallivins/Galvins from County Kerry
« on: February 04, 2011, 03:56:22 AM »
Anyone have Worcester Gallivans from county kerry?  Patrick Gallivan married Ellen Shea in 1873.  He was born in ireland c.1840 son of Timothy & Mary (Sullivan) Gallivan.  I think he may have been born in Kenmare according the irish site.  May have had connections in worcester to Cornelius, Daniel, Dennis and Michael.  Funny...Ellen Shea was also from Kenmare!  It appears that he emigrated about 1870.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Gallivins/Galvins from County Kerry
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 10:05:03 AM »
Patrick had a brother Michael who is buried in the same plot and in the next plot is a Cornelius Gallivan and his wife Margaret Heggarty.  Their son Andrew was a catholic priest in Dorchester.  Cornelius's parents from his death record are Jeremiah Gallivan and Mary Carey.  I think Patrick and Cornelius were cousins.  Cornelius was from Glenflesk Kerry, close to Killarney.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Gallivins/Galvins from County Kerry
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 04:14:19 AM »
Got the nat. papers yesterday and it said only that he was from kerry (Duh!) and that he came into Boston May 29th 1859.  Unfortunately I didn't see any boats coming into Boston on that date.  Will keep plugging away at the Boston lists...there was a John & Michael Galvin on June 29th 1859 but that seems odd since this guy went by Patrick.