Author Topic: Foresters ???  (Read 5074 times)

fivegenirish

• Been Around Awhile
Foresters ???
« on: October 19, 2009, 02:10:18 PM »
Is there more than one group of Foresters? I have some relatives who have the MCOF listed in their obits and others who say they were members of the American Foresters.  Is/ were there more than one Forester group?? I checked Tiara but could not find them.
Jack

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Foresters ???
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 04:07:35 PM »
There are several groups of Foresters that are unrelated.  Google TIARA (the Irish Ancestral Research Association) which holds the records and has a name index of the MCOF and has a brief description of the other Forester groups.  Unfortunately no one knows where the records of these other Forester groups went.  If you want the MCOF record for an ancestor, you need to join TIARA to get it.  There's a $10 fee.

fivegenirish

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 10:56:23 AM »
Thank you!...  I took your advice and I sent off an app. to join TIARA and a note for the Forester info ..... it was in the mail this morning!!!! :) thanks again ....Jack

There are several groups of Foresters that are unrelated.  Google TIARA (the Irish Ancestral Research Association) which holds the records and has a name index of the MCOF and has a brief description of the other Forester groups.  Unfortunately no one knows where the records of these other Forester groups went.  If you want the MCOF record for an ancestor, you need to join TIARA to get it.  There's a $10 fee.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 11:13:30 AM »
OOOOOh! let us know if you find out some cool stuff!

fivegenirish

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 06:17:49 AM »
The packet from the Forester project was packed with a lot of info, I was hoping to find out where in Ireland my Great Great Grand parents came from; unfortunately that information was not there!! :(  I did find out about a sister that he had that I didn't know about. and got a picture of what he looked like , hight weight color of his hair & eyes etc. ..... I guess I will have to keep digging!! Thanks for all who helped. Jack