Author Topic: Hibernians  (Read 4717 times)

DJD60

• Just Moved Here
Hibernians
« on: July 29, 2009, 09:28:13 AM »
Hello
I am posting a couple of different things I need help with.  So first.....

I am wondering if anyone has a date for the Hibernian meeting held in Worcester in the 1939. I guess it was a pretty big meeting but I have not found the date it was held.   My g-grandfather James Fitzgerald was according to his obituary honored at this meeting as one of three carter members living at that time.  He passed away in 1940.

I have started to search Worcester papers but there were more than one paper in 1939 and if I only search the Telegram and Gazette that is 365 days worth of papers and most days two papers.  Having a date for this meeting would be so much easier.  So far I have searched two weeks and that took over five hours,  this is important to me so I will keep reading if that is the only way.
Thank you for your help
Diana

fivegenirish

• Been Around Awhile
Re: Hibernians
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 04:39:31 PM »
Diana,
       Did you ever get an answer on this , I may have a few leads for you, please email me.
 Jack

fivegenirish

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 03:33:15 PM »
Diana
       I spoke to a Hibernian I know and he thinks (not 100% sure) the 1939  State meeting was held in  May .  He also suggested you contact the Mass State AOH Board and email each member for the info your looking for. Google " Mass State AOH board " for the web site [ can't hurt]. You may want to check the Catholic Newspaper of the time ... I believe it was called the "Messenger"; Yankee Newspapers did not always print Catholic news. It's also in the Worcester library, maybe the Evening Post  has something, I am not sure when it  stopped being published , I think it was either 1938 or 1939. Hope this helps ... I know what it is like to hit a stone wall, happy hunting.

DJD60

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 03:32:15 AM »
I just want to thank everyone for their help.  I did find the Hibernian meeting that was held in Worcester in August of 1938 but no refrence to my g-great grandfather unless I missed the article so I do plan on re-reading the Worcester papers. So thank you all for your help.
Diana