Author Topic: Shameless Commerce Plug  (Read 4051 times)

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Shameless Commerce Plug
« on: June 21, 2009, 09:33:16 AM »
My hours have been cut at the library almost 20% over these two years and I really need to find some extra work.  I will always give free help on this board but if anyone wants to hire my research skills for $10 an hour plus reimbursemnt for gas, certs. etc.   I'm interested.    I think I pay about $500 a year for my genealogical sites and would love to help defray that costly habit.  I really like doing the irish stuff but I do have a client that I've traced her yankee family back to 1810 New Haven Ct. and found lots of cool things for her.  I hope you don't think less of me for trying to help pay the mortgage, etc.  Thank god I still have health insurance!  Things aren't so bad that we need the food pantry.....

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Shameless Commerce Plug
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 04:52:35 AM »
I hope my friends on this board will recommend my skills to others.  Hubby now officially laid off.  HMMMM...our cats sure look like they'd be tasty......a little oregano..some tomatoes....

Also if you know of any websites for free listings of this kind of sevice, I'd welcome any suggestions.

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 04:19:04 PM »
MaryEllen,

Sorry about Paul being laid off, hopefully it won't be for too long.   There are a number of websites where you could list that you are available to lookups.   I did use one for some research in Minnesota.   It might have been the Random Acts of Kindness.   I think these listings are suppose to be mostly for free but the man charged me $15 to copy and scan three pages in a street directory for St. Paul Minnesota.   Also on the New England rootsweb board, there has been talk that it would be a nice little part time job for someone to do probate look ups at the court house for the Boston area.   You might want to post similar services for Worcester.   

Cheryl

drourke

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 05:08:27 AM »
Merski,
I may be interested in hiring you and your skills in tracking down old Irishmen.  Please contact me at drourke43@msn.com and we can exchange contact info to set up a telephone conversation.

Don Rourke