Author Topic: Timothy & Ellen Donaghue  (Read 4355 times)

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Timothy & Ellen Donaghue
« on: May 14, 2007, 02:06:57 AM »
Helping out someone who is connected with these two and I may possibly be connected.   Timothy was in Worcester prior to the famine.  Ellen came to join him after their son Daniel was born in 1844.  Timothy may have been killed by a cave in of earth 31 July 1845, leaving Ellen a widow.  1855 State census for worcester shows Ellen 34, Johannah (Hannah) 13 and Daniel 11 all born in Ireland along with Margaret 7 and John 3 born in Mass. (later kids don't work with death in '45 but may be other relations)  Family search website uncovers a Daniel born in 1844 to Timothy and Ellen (Doody) Donahue and his sister Hannah in 1841 both Christened in Kilcummin Parish in county Kerry.  Daniel grew up, became a moulder and married Annie Logan.  Any connections out there?  Cheryl, I really should meet you at the LDS center to look at those Kilcummin registers!

worcmik

• Townie
Re: Timothy & Ellen Donaghue
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 05:27:15 PM »
Merski,
This is an interesting couple, I thought Timothy was possibly married to a Bridget that died in 1850.  I suspected this because a Mary Donahue was born on  or about Jan 3rd 1847, Mary's mother's name was listed as Bridget but the father's name was blank. This lack of a father's name occurs in the records when the father is not alive. I took it to mean Mary was born after the death of her father, and Timothy seemed to be the only Donahue male to die within 9 months of Mary's birth. So, I kinda figured (wrongly?). Any luck with cross referencing your stuff with mine?    worcirish

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Timothy & Ellen Donaghue
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 02:21:47 PM »
I'm puzzled by the two kids born in Mass.  Could they be orphans of whomever was married to Bridget...perhaps abrother of Timothy?  Person says that the widow Ellen married a Donohue, but I haven't been to the Worcester Public Library to find that data.  Also will check passenger lists for an Ellen traveling with a Hannah or Johanna and baby named Daniel.  There was a Daniel Donohue (perhaps an Uncle to Timothy whom O'Flynn made mention was from Killarney.  Kilcummin is very close to Killarney and indeed I believe it's the Diocese of several surrounding towns.  I'm going to try to research more when I get some time off.  I'm still interested in helping to research where some of the folks that were buried in Tatnuck were from...