Author Topic: Marion COSTELLO and James ELLIS  (Read 54339 times)

barrel

• Just Moved Here
Re: Marion COSTELLO and James ELLIS
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2009, 08:13:29 AM »
Great news!

I'm heading down to the library to access the ancestry database to see what I can find from the info you just gave me.  Beryl

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2009, 01:45:41 PM »
Any luck on ancestry?  I have Grenham's irish surname database and was plugging in names now that we have places of origin.  Will write more tonight.  Do you know someone named Mclellan....he's posted on genforum with an Ellis/McLellan marriage in Canada.  What's amazing is there is an Edith McLellan who died in 1912 buried with the Ellises is this just a coinky-dink?

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2009, 03:33:35 PM »
Okay, one more post and I'm done for the night.  I plugged Ellis and Smith into Grenhams and county Leitrim and found two places where rgese names overlapped...Garrigallen and Mohill.  Beryl you may want to contact the Leitrim family history center with the data and names to get exact locations in Leitrim.  I think it would be money well spent...also for the Galway family History center for Charles Costello and his sisters.  That's it for tonight.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2009, 03:29:06 AM »
Helen, can you look up in your newspaper database for a death of Edith McLellan buried March 5, 1912?  She's buried with the ellises. Thanks!  If you can't I may go to the WPL and see if I can find something.   Thanks!

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2009, 05:01:16 AM »
Edith McLellan must be James and Marion's Daughter Edith Ellis born circa 1867.  She must have married but I don't see a marriage record in Mass.

barrel

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2009, 06:21:01 AM »
RE: Smith surname?

I couldn't get to the library the other day so I'm going today to checkout the ancestry.com database. I let you know what I find.

Also, I wondered what relationship the Smith surname had with the Ellises? I guess I missed something.

I plugged Ellis and Smith into Grenhams and county Leitrim

Beryl

barrel

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2009, 06:27:52 AM »
RE: Edith McLELLAN

I agree, Mary Ellen, that Edith McLELLAN is probably the child of James and Mary ELLIS.

I'll check for her in the 1910 census under the surname "McLellan" and see what comes up.

Thanks for checking the4 newspaper database, Helen.

Beryl

barrel

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2009, 06:42:03 AM »
RE: Genforum poster - McLELLAN

Mary, Ellen, Thank for sending the query to the McLellan researcher.I haven't heard of him before but then this is the first time I've seen a connection between the McLELLAN and ELLIS surnames.
Beryl

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2009, 07:09:33 AM »
James ellis death record states that his parents were Thomas Ellis and Margaret Smith.  Maud their daughter may have been named for her.

barrel

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2009, 08:29:08 AM »
RE: Another possible married name for Edith ELLIS

I found on familysearch.org (IGI database) the following under "Edith M Ellis". I don't know if it is useful to our ELLIS family but maybe worth a look at.  The parents given names are the same and the surnames - close match.

Edith M ELLIS born Woster....MA

Parents: James ELLIS and Marion DE CASTELLO

Spouse: Wm. B ROZISKY on 28 April 1885 Canton, St Lawrence, New York

What do you think?
Beryl

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2009, 09:08:51 AM »
Sounds like her all right!  Perhaps the parents didn't approve, or she was widowed and remarried.  Don't know.  Mailed stuff off this noon let me know when you get it.

barrel

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2009, 07:37:05 AM »
RE: Edith McLELLAN or ROZISKY?

I'm looking forward to the package, Mary Ellen!

I checked ancestry.com database for Edith McLELLAN in Worcester and some possibilities came up but the birth dates were off, etc.

I'm wondering if Edith McLELLAN who is in the grave plot with the Ellis' is possibly a sister (not the daughter) of James or Margaret? 

But I did find William B. ROZISKY (ROZISKEY)[his name was in the IGI familysearch.org database as married to Edith ELLIS] in Worcester City directories from about 1888 - 1890 and he boarded at one of the addresses (26 Hermon) where the Ellises lived. I'll check out a few more directories next week at the library.

Beryl

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2009, 02:04:58 AM »
If I ever find time to go to the WPL to look for an obituary, that might divulge something.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2009, 07:50:57 AM »
Went to the library to find the death of Edith McLellan but couldn't find one.  Looked for William Roziskey saw that he removed to Rochester NY in 1889-1890.  He was a trucker for the Ellis tea company.  What happened to edith?  Did they divorce/  Did she die before him?  Maybe one of the obituaries later will tell.  Do you have any obits for the kids or Marion the mother?

barrel

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2009, 03:04:25 PM »
RE: Edith McLELLAN or ROZISKEY

Well now, Mary Ellen,  that IS a puzzle....

I don't know if this is our Edith but this is what I've found on familysearch.org (IGI Marriage record) :
Edith M. Ellis married Wm. B. ROZISKY (or Roziskey) on 28 April 1885 Canton, St. Lawrence, New York.

In Worcester directories of 1888-1890 I found William B. ROZISKEY in Worcester at 26 Hermon, which was one of the homes of the Ellis/Costello family.

There were no McLellands. I'm thinking that a second marriage is possible.

I have not found any obits for members of the ELLIS family.

I'll post the Ellis death dates in the next post.          Beryl