Author Topic: McNally (for earlier poster)  (Read 3660 times)

blueyes21

• Just Moved Here
McNally (for earlier poster)
« on: January 25, 2009, 09:03:22 PM »
I believe you are looking for my husband's family.  His mother's name is Marjorie (McNally) Bowles.  She has one brother Bobby, who is still alive and well and another, Jimmy,  who passed away quite some time ago. I'm not sure when...before I came into the picture.  And I know that my husband's grandmother's name was Mary McNamara...he remembers her fondly.  I'm not sure exactly what kind of info. you are looking for, but I'm sure we can help you if you are interested! Let us know.

Germac

• Just Moved Here
Re: McNally (for earlier poster)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 09:28:47 AM »
Hi Blueeyes21!   

Thank you for your reply! Sorry that I was late in replying as I am slammed with work.  First of, I'm Gerry McNamara who is under the Joseph McNamara family umbrella. Joseph Mc had 6 brothers and one sister Margaret. One of Joseph's brother is Francis, born around 1881. Your husband's great uncles would be Francis H. born 1908 and Robert, born 1917.  Just a few months ago, I connected with Francis H's granddaughter Maria (nee McNamara) living in Mass.  Actually, it was Maria's husband (John) that we connected and talked about our family tree. Ok going back to your family tree. I found information about some of your family members through a newspaper archive called genealogybank.com.  Here's where you can help me. I don't have any information about Robert born 1917, other than he had a son also named Robert.
As for Francis H, (b 1908) I don't know his wife's name, but they had 3 boys: John (Amesbury), Francis (Shrewsbury) & Paul(Hampton NH). John McN recently died last June, and survived by three daughters Maria, Beth,  and Grace. The last two are living around Syracuse.

I'm taking a guess that your husband's uncle Bobby is living in Natick? 

I was born in Boston, but lived in Lexington Mass until after the blizzard of '78 made me move to North Carolina. (Concord). Contact me at ger.mcnamara@yahoo if you wish.