Author Topic: NEGHS Look up  (Read 6703 times)

cheryl

• Townie
NEGHS Look up
« on: June 03, 2007, 03:41:28 AM »
Does anyone still have a membership to NEGHS?  I went to the library but their computers only let you do a look up now but you can't access the actual pages, very disappointing.  I'm looking for information on Charles Joseph Wagner b 1884 Boston vol 351:138; I believe he may have died 1885;  Allen John Wagner b 1886 Boston 369:137; Charles Wagner m. Annie McDonald Boston 1883 345:151.  Any other children born to these parents in Boston and a death for the elder Charles Joseph Wagner, could be 1910 vol. 9:72????  There is also a death for a Charles J Weinz who I was trying to see if this was Charles Joseph Wagner d. Boston.  Trying to establish a timeline for this family where they lived when in Boston; Charles may have died around 1894-1898, he was a sailor.  Interested in his ethnic original and street addresses in Boston.
Thanks, Cheryl

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
Re: NEGHS Look up
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 06:32:22 AM »
I just printed up your inquiry.

Let me see what I can find on NEGHS.

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 06:59:44 AM »
The only one I can positively ID from your information  was the marriage information.

October 4, 1883

Charles J. Wagner  Boston   53 Clerk    Hopkinton,MA (birthplace)  Trustworthy and Nancy S. Wagner 2nd marriage  Justin A. Richardson , Boston

Annie McDonald    Boston   31             Boston                            John and Mary McDonald              1st

The death  on March 5, 1910 was a Charles J. Wagner 7. W. Third Street Boston at 44 due to Pul. Tuberculoisis and exhaustion. Parents Thomas Wagner (Ireland ) Mary Riley (Ireland) Occupation Laborer. Buried at Calvary

Marriage on April 15, 1906

Charles J. Wagner  21  161 Broadway   Foreman    Boston (birthplace)   Charles J. Wagner and Mary Conley
    Mary P. Sterry      21   86 B Street      At Home    Boston                   Henry Sterry               Ellen Kelly

married by Wm Whalen 55 Broadway

Births

December 24 1871  Charles James Wagner  98  Church Street   parents Charles and Emma

May 5, 1884  Charles Joseph Wagner  38 Swann Street   Charles J and Julia  Boston   Laborer  Father born in South Boston , mother Ireland

The only Allen I found was in Worcester and from Nova Scotia-a marriage record.

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 12:15:36 PM »
Hello Corky,
Thank you for that look-up. 
I have information that Charles Wagner (Poland or Russia) married Annie McDonald (Nova Scotia) on Oct 31, 1884 Boston
They had one son that I know of born May 3, 1886 in Boston Allen John Wagner.   By 1898, the mother is found remarried without the son. 
Does it look like this marriage in Worcester of Allan Wagner is the right one?  Did you see the birth of Allen John Wagner in Boston 1886, vol 369:137 and not able to access the record?  I haven't seen any of these records.
Again thanks for your help,
Cheryl

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 12:57:34 PM »
I don't think so.

June 2, 1896

Allen A. Wagner    Nova Scotia 27  Farmer William Wagner and Mary Meldrum

Jennie Boliva        Nova Scotia  20  Domestic   Manuel and Annie Glanwhite ( that is what it looks like.)

I am sorry about the McDonald marriage-got the wrong line

Charles J. Wagner   Boston  28  Mariner  Poland   Anton and Thecla

Annie McDonald     Boston  26              Cape Breton   Allen and Sarah

PM MacDonald Boston

It would make sense that they would name their son Allen but I found no birth record even with Soundex for some reason. I tried the whole state but it did not come up.

Now this is strange but sometimes when I look for something ti does not come up on my first try. Days later all of a sudden there it is. I have found that with whole families. I don't know why.

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 04:04:05 AM »
Corky could you do three more look-ups for me? 

Charles J Weinz d. Boston 1894 vol 447 page 170
Charles Wagelein d. Boston 1894 Vol 447 page 72

The spelling of these names are from the Mass Death Index; if you can't find the same spelling on NEGHS, you can enter only the volume and page number and the page will come up.

There is also a Frederick Augustus Wagner who is also a sailor born July 13, 1846, sometimes Germany, sometimes Prussia.  He is listed in the census for Chelsea starting in 1880 with wife Fredricka who was born in Denmark.  They have three children at the time who were born in Massachusetts.  There is a possibility that he might be the brother of Charles Wagner, so Im looking for his parents names. 

The children are: Isaac 1873; Rudolph W December 1875; Harry 1878; Arthur A October 1880; Lilliam E 1882; Elsie M 1887; Hebert L Aug 1890.  You don't need to look all these up but one of them might have the maiden name of Fredericka for the purpose of looking up the marriage record.  I would guess August Frederick Wagner or Frderick August Wagner and Fredericka J. (spelled Frederikke J Wagner on her death index record in 1893; vol 438:542) were married between 1865-1873.

Thanks so much for your help and sorry for posting this on the Irish genealogy board.
Cheryl

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 12:22:26 PM »
  Sorry -not much help today.

Only 3 of the children came up and their mother's maiden name was not listed.

The other volume and page nos came up with image not available.

I don't know if it is the stormy weather here or there but none of the images were available at this time for anyone on any page. It might be a technical snafu.

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 01:15:50 PM »
Thank you for trying.
Cheryl