Genealogy > Worcester Irish Genealogy/History

Dee family in worcester

(1/5) > >>

merski:
In my St. John's cemetery database i have found several Dee and Day (which appears to be an alternate spelling) burials
Michael Day  Garr_ v_ oone Parish of Carrick Beg co. Waterford died Aug. 3, 18__  age 35 yrs  (O'Flynn says he is from Fermer b.1813)

John Dee Co. Waterford born or died1848,  Bridget Kiley his wife born or died 1841,  Richard Dee 1863-1910

O'Flynn also mentions in his notes james Dee from Flews Co. Waterfordb. 25 Dec. 1814 arrived in Boston 20 Mar. 1839...he may have gotten this from naturalizations, which may have been in the newspaper.  O'Flynn was an 1870-1890's recorder of irish history & culture in worcester    any of these ring a bell?

worcmik:
I have a James Dee marrying a Mary or Margret Whalen on Aug. 12, 1841. (Fr. Fitton) A male Callahan and Mary Corcoran witnessed. James and Mary/MArgret appearently lost a child: James on Aug. 17, 1846 as the parents name's are James & Margret Dee in the town of Worcester's death records. This date means that the family used Tatnuck Cemetery (No St. John's Cemetery yet).
 "Rosanna" Dee died at age 31 on Sept. 9, 1836 She was the dau. of John & Mary Davis and the wife of James Dee, according to a stone in St. John's Cemetery. Notice that she died more than a decade before St. John's Cemetery was established. She, too, once rested at Tatnuck (est. 1835).
forgive my misspellings, J

merski:
I went to St. John's cemetery and got the burial record of Maurice Dee & his wife Mary Burke  buried in section Prudence B 59, so I could get approximations of death dates.  Maurice was buried Nov. 21, 1938   There's a thomas Dee buried Nov. 10, 1939, Mary Burke Dee was buried March 17 , 1954 (St. Pat's Day)    Their daughter married Joseph O'Connell  she (helen) buried March 25, 1981.  The only obit I could find was for Helen Dee O'Connell   Whose daughter Mary was a special ed. teacher for the worcester school system and her other daughter H. Denise Newton  ( Mrs. Richard) lives in Las Cruces New Mexico in 1981.  Hope this helps you, James.  I can send you the copy of what I have if you email me your mailing address to mer330@hotmail.com.

merski:
I live in Barre.  Do you need death data for the Day who died here?  I do research on Barre irish and would be very interested in hearing more about this person..do you think you might be related to jreid who is a Dee descedant?  I think they're from wqaterford as well and i know Dee and Day are interchangeable.

worcmik:
Be careful with the Days back then, as it seems there was a Michael and Hanna (i think this is the Flannigan) that lost 1 yr-old Martin in Feb 1847; and a Michael and Hanora that lost a son John in April 1846. If you work out the birthdates, as recorded in the Town of Worcester's Death Records (p. 199 & 184 respectively), they aren't twins nor is there 9 months between them. One of the couples lost Mary Ann in 1844. All would have started in Tatnuck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version