Author Topic: Thomas Jameson - Julia Gilmore Family in Worcester  (Read 4695 times)

JohnWJamesonIII

• Just Moved Here
Thomas Jameson - Julia Gilmore Family in Worcester
« on: November 17, 2009, 07:14:21 AM »
They immigrated to Worcester from ? Co Ireland about 1850's. Most of them lived in Worcester & Leicester. Some are buried at St John's and St. Joseph's. Children all born in Ireland also immigrated - Bridget (b 1820's married Peter Goss), John J (b 1835) married Ellen Hughes, Hugh (b 1838 - Civil War Soldier married Elizabeth Gibbons), Mary (b about 1840 married Ferron?) Ann (b about 1846 married Owen Drury). I am particularly interested in John J and Ellen Hughes - their son John W (b 1867) Oakham married Clara Connor and died 1933 in Rutland. There aren't many male descendants in this group, but I would like to find one willing to take and compare DNA results with me. e-mail = JamesonNadeau@rgv.rr.com

JohnWJamesonIII

• Just Moved Here
Re: Thomas Jameson - Julia Gilmore Family in Worcester
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 04:13:45 PM »
Reply and update to my own message. I now know from Hugh Jameson's naturalization record that he was born in Co Louth, Ireland. This should place the whole group in Co. Louth between 1820 and 1852 by which time they all were in Worcester. Possibly, if there were children older than Bridget or between Bridget and John J, someone stayed in Ireland.

JohnWJamesonIII

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 05:06:38 PM »
2nd reply and update to my own posting. I now know that baptismal records for 3 of the children of Thomas Jameson and Julia Gilmore have been located in Lordship Parish, Cooley Peninsula, Louth Ireland. I think this information is sufficient to establish that Louth is where they lived before emigrating to Worcester. Additional information will be greatly appreciated.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 01:55:22 AM »
There were several people from Lordship Co. Louth in worcester.  Did John w. and Ellen Hughes have children?  Names and ages?  I live near rutland and oakham if you don't and can try to find out things.... :)