Author Topic: Trip to Ireland/Message for Maryellen  (Read 4064 times)

cheryl

• Townie
Trip to Ireland/Message for Maryellen
« on: June 03, 2007, 03:52:56 AM »
Back from a wonderful trip.  Candles were lit in St Mary's Cathedral, Killarney at the St. Theresa Shrine and the New Kilcummin Church.  Michael took us on a five hour whirlwind tour and even arranged for a distance cousin to meet us at the farmstead.  The next day Michael joined the bus tour to provide commentary on a trip around the Ring of Kerry.  We picked Michael up at St. Mary's Cathedral.  The first stop for the bus was an "Irish Coffee stop" at a gift shop just on the outskirts of town.  Very clever to bring us into the shop for free Irish Coffee and hope we spend our money at their gift shop, which most on the bus did.  The point of the story, while waiting in the parking lot for the bus, across the street I see a big sign annoucing we are in Fossa.  This is where the O'Connor family from Hibernia Street Worcester were from according to an ad placed in Missing Persons Boston Pilot.  I took this as a direction to follow after lighting candles the night before. :D

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Trip to Ireland/Message for Maryellen
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 11:50:22 AM »
Thanks for the candles and the hunch/signpost.  Isn't Michael grand??  I bet the bus was thrilled to have him on board.  You actually got to meet a relative!  Did they have any info for you?   Don't you have Flemings from Kilcummin in your line?  I'm writing to a lovely woman who now lives in Killarney who has Flemings in her line.  Let me know when we can get together and if the Family History Center still has the Kilcummin films.

cheryl

• Townie
Re: Trip to Ireland/Message for Maryellen
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 03:51:15 AM »
Cousin Jerry didn't have any new factual information.  I promised to send him my information on the family.  Im hoping to do a little more research on his line before sending it to him.  It was great to meet him, a 73 year old batchelor.  The best part of the meeting was listening to him and Michael discuss different lines of families that neither of them was related to but they knew the history. 
I don't have Flemings but Tess (remember Boo from the old messageboard) has Flemings I think were from Kilcummin and eventually came to Worcester.  One of her relatives is related to one of my relatives, but not me.  I think there was a man on the old messageboard who also had Flemings from Kilcummin to Worcester.  He is the one who ordered the Kilcummin films for the FHL.  I will check the films next week and let you know what is there so you can prepare for a trip.  They have some of Casey's Collection.  And I will go with you and putter around up there.