Genealogy > Worcester Italian Genealogy/History

your personal stories about your Italian heritage or family

<< < (2/13) > >>

Robin Patriarca:
Those are the same that I make, soft ones with icing and non-parelles on top. And yeah everyone loves those cookies. I make a family project out it with my 5 year old. Where I live in Maine is the most northern section. Fort Kent which is where Route 1 starts on upper border of Canada. I'm not real familiar with the coastal towns as thats 4 to 5 hours from here. I went to Chaffins in Holden for grammar school, moved to Worcester at age 11 and went to Providence Junior High and South High when it was brand new. Being into art, I miss the Art Museum and go when I visit my brother down yonder.

Tony Bellione:
My name is (Norman) Anthony Bellione.... Diane Bellione is my cousin... the last time I saw her was in California in Lake Elsenor about fifteen years ago... I now live in Tennessee.  I see that she has returned home to Worcester, Mass.  Her uncle, my farther, Anthony Joseph Bellione died in 1994 in Rhode Island.  I would like to be able to talk to her in person.  My phone number is 615-595-9777.... this is my office number.
My oldest son is now back in Iraq for the third time... He is an officer/pilot in the Air Force.  He has three girls, the oldest in twelve.  My youngest son lives in Reno with his wife and two children, his oldest is three. My wife and I go to Italy every year and have been able to locate two relatives... Luca and Sabina Bellione in Milan. I also have information about our grandfather, Pasquale Bellione.

Diane:
Hey Toni, I am so glad that you discovered this great website~ and I am so glad that we're back in touch:)

MaryLand:
I lived in Worcester 50S-mid 60's and around Shrewsbury St too. (also in Shrewsbury) I am not of Italian heritage but feel like I am because of the background and surroundings of Shrewsbury St that I grew up in.  It was great food!!  I remember Derricos' too, D'Amicos' Bakery cream cakes, cream horns, anise cookies and Ferraro's restaurant where my mother worked for over 10 years. Their food was so good and they were good people.! 
On weekends we'd sometimes get Italian club sandwiches, and if it was hot weather, lemon ice !  I moved every so often so I went to Adams St School and Elizabeth St School. I played at Bell Hill, Green Hill and around Shrewsbury St.  I recall the religious feasts where they'd parade down Shrewsbury St carrying a statue with money pinned to the skirt of the statue. (even though I am Catholic I cannot recall if it was Fatima or Mary, or Lady of Mt Carmel ??)  Robin if you'd share your recipe of Soft Anise Cookies, I'd love it!  I laughed when the mention of Big Fat Greek Wedding came up, because as we watched that with my family, I could point out things that I could relate to.  Although Sopranos is over the top, even that show could bring back many, many memories.
My family moved out of state in the mid 60's and I've always checked up on the Worcester websites to keep up on the area. 
Good memories!

Diane:
Hi Maryland, I can't believe you went to Elizabeth St School, so did I! That was in the early 60's. When did you go there? Do you remember Ms. Gatti?? What's your maiden name?? You bet those are good memories, and they were the good old days too weren't they??
diane

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version