Genealogy > Worcester Italian Genealogy/History

your personal stories about your Italian heritage or family

<< < (12/13) > >>

frankiethefox:

--- Quote from: Lam2861 on November 16, 2007, 04:34:12 PM ---Hello,and where do you presently reside on Lyon Street?
I use to live at # 28, i was born and raised there..
After my dad passed away i left there in 81, i use to live right across the sand pit,and the barrel company..last house on the right..the 3 decker..
My maiden name is Loverro...ever heard of us?
I have 7 in my family,and i am the 6th one,and my name is Lisa..:)
I use to work at the Parkway Diner back in the day..do you ever go there?
They were always competitive with the Boulevard..lol , but how i had great times there..too bad that cant come back..
Ciao for now..
Lisa

--- End quote ---

Federica:
Hi everybody,
my name is Federica and I'll come in Worcester for a postgraduate corse at the Umass Medica Center from September 2008 to November 2008, can you help me to find italians in this town?

Michael Bellione:
I don't have any stories of my Italian heritage besides my father singing Dean Martin and other Italian love songs on the weekends while cooking spaghetti or something else he learned from my grandfather Tony Bellione.  I remember one summer visitinig my grandfather and him taking me down for my first "Frap" man that was good!  Reading all of these memories really makes me wish my children could have grown up in such a wonderful neighborhood and such a fantastic time.  Thank you all for sharing and maybe I can get back there one day and smell the smells, taste the tastes and see all the wonderful things you have mentioned.

God bless.

Michael.

K:
My grandfather was Perry Conte.  He was such an amazing man.  I miss him terribly.  Anyone have any stories?

Catino:

--- Quote from: Frankie on November 07, 2006, 01:17:41 PM ---Does anyone remember the bakery on the corner of Shrewsbury Street and Risso Court? I cant remember the name even though I grew up on Risso Court.

--- End quote ---
Hi I just stumbled on this site while looking for info on my husbands family. They lived E entral stree when they first arrived and moved to Shelby street later on. Their house was on the part of Shelby street that is now 190.lol They moved out to Holden in the 60's. When I saw your post about someone named babe I thought maybe it was my Aunt. Everyone calls her babe and always has. Her real name is Mildred. Oh and my husband name is Catino anyone recognize that?
Carrie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version