Author Topic: Lawler  (Read 4418 times)

darp56

• Just Moved Here
Lawler
« on: January 17, 2006, 12:16:21 PM »
I am looking for information on the Lawler family of Worcester, late 1800, early 1900.  I have a 1901 DC for my great grandmother, Kate Lawler.  Kate's parents were Michael Welch and Margaret Shea.  I see alot of Shea's mentioned on the boards here. I'll have to check that out!

Kate's husband was Ed Lawler and they had 5 children:  Fenton, John,  Margaret, Catherine (my grandmother) and Fredrick (and maybe an infant girl).

In 1900, they lived at 80 Market Street, Worcester.  Kate died in 1901 and I can't find her husband. 

The kids were split up with Catherine (my grandmother) going to live with Thomas, Patrick and Margaret Cahill.  (I think I saw a board for Cahills also and am wondering if Margaret Cahill and Kate Lawler were sisters.)

Wondering if there are any relatives out there?   

cheryl

• Townie
Re: Lawler
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 05:08:06 AM »
I seem to remember someone looking for a Lawlor family with an adopted son, with the possibility that sisters were married to the same man.  I can't remember where this post was but I had found them in the worcester census but of course I can't find this family now.  Not sure if this was you or not?  Looking around on NEHGS website I find:
Margaret b. 1891 to Edward J and Kate (Walsh) Lawlor; Ed is a watchman
Frederick b. 1897 no image
In 1877, Vol 288, page 374 there is a listing for parents Ed and Kate Welsh for a female but the last name doesn't look like Lawlor.  It is very hard to read.
1898 Kate (Walsh) Lawler gets married, no image so I don't know to whom
1904 Catherine (Welch) Lawlor died

There is a family of Michael Lawlor and Margaret Cahill having children in Worcester
1884, Michael; 1880 John; 1882 Maggie
1900 Margaret (Welsh) Cahill marries, again no image

How are they listed in the census?  Are you using ancestry.com?  I can't find them in the census.

Cheryl

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Lawler
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 07:08:39 AM »
Walsh & welsch & welch  It seems that it's her no matter how it was listed in the records......