Author Topic: Donohoe  (Read 4920 times)

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Donohoe
« on: January 14, 2006, 03:54:30 AM »
In the 1855 State census for Worcester, My Great great Grandparents Dennis Conner & Julia Donohue Connor lived in the same building as John Donohoe 30 yrs. and his wife Ann 26 yrs and their children Julia 5 yrs b. in N.H., Catherine 2  yrs b. in Mass and John 6 mos. b. also in Mass.  I believe this is a relative.  Can someone do a soundex lookup for John and his family in the 1860 census and maybe even the 1870 census?  The census records on heritage quest through the WPL only list by exact spelling....there are about 10 ways to spell Donohue /Donohue etc.   I am trying still to find out where in Kerry they all are from.  Thanks for any help and advice you can give.  Merski

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Donohoe
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 12:57:21 PM »
Colleen, I can't be real savvy if I can't find my own relatives!  Thanks for keeping an eye out for me...

traveler

• Just Moved Here
Re: Donohoe
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 02:09:39 PM »
I also used ancestry.com to look for your family. I used John Don*, Julia Don*, Catherine Don* with no success. I looked in both NH and MA since Julia has NH listed as a birth place. Wow a thought  :o I'll look for them in the 1850 census in NH. In the past searches I used 3 different ages for the children. Did John serve in the Civil War? Maybe Ann would be in the 1890's census of Widows and Pensions.