Author Topic: Looking for safe, family-friendly area to move to  (Read 4722 times)

imisshills

• Just Moved Here
Looking for safe, family-friendly area to move to
« on: March 21, 2006, 08:58:33 AM »
Hello! My husband, daughter (1 yr. old) and I are looking to move back to Mass. (we are currently outside of Chicago) in June. I have lived in the Berkshires and Northampton areas, Boston and Bridgewater. We are considering moving to Worcester because it is far enough out from Boston to be affordable, but still accessible by commuter rail. Right now we're just looking for a place to rent, but I'm wondering if anyone has any specific areas (including neighboring towns) to suggest. We really liked the feel of Northampton... the artsy, college feel but, still with small town New England charm. We mainly want a safe area and hope to find a single family house to rent that is in a residential neighborhood. My husband's way of judging a good neighborhood is whether or not it's a good street for trick or treating. :)

Can anyone suggest any areas of Worcester where we should look? Areas we should avoid?

Thanks for your help!

-Jenna

elsie1888

• Just Moved Here
Re: Looking for safe, family-friendly area to move to
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 04:34:30 AM »
I don't live in Worcester (yet) but am looking there as a friend and her family are VERY happy for the past three years in the Commodore Rd. area.   She likes that whole section of town.  Her kids are in high school, but she says families are all ages.

elbow

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 05:48:45 PM »
Burncoat area, Lake Avenue area, Tatnuck (west Pleasant Street) - not so easy if you are commuting.  off the main roads, there are a lot of nice little houses tucked away or parts of three-family homes to own or rent.  Also near Broad Meadow Brook area (off of Massassoit Road)

nbwebnet

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 10:31:43 AM »
The area near Indian Lake is very nice. Easy Highway access, Bus service to downtown. Good schools in Nelson Place & Forest Grove Middle & a nice YMCA close by.

We live off Holden St & have around 200 -250 kids each Halloween.