Genealogy > Worcester Irish Genealogy/History

RICE/MCEVOY--County Louth to Worcester

<< < (3/4) > >>

r0nd0:
I recommend checking out the "Rice Families of Worcester County" family tree on Ancestry.  Hugh & Alice (Trainor) Rice are there.  There may be others that you recognize.  We tried to connect as many as we could but recorded all the info we had.  It doesn't show, but the families of Hugh Rice (wife Alice Trainor), Michael J Rice (wife Bridget McCourt), & James Rice (wife Sarah Ward) are somehow related back in Ireland through family knowledge, but we lack the proof today.  We think there are others in the tree as well that are related.  They, or their descendants, all lived in Worcester, Cherry Valley, or Leicester at one time or another, arriving in the mid 1800's during the Potato Famine or later and all came from the area of Dundalk and the Cooley Peninsula of county Louth.  I hope there's something there that helps. (I am a descendant of James & Sarah)

whichzelda:
I, also, am related to the Rice family.  My great great grandmother was Catherine Rice wife of Owen McDermott.  Their son Peter McDermott also married a Catherine Rice.  Although I have not made a connection to Louth, I suspect that is where my Rice and McDermotts came from.  They all settled in Leicester, Cherry Valley or Worcester.

NEMSTC:
I have done alittle more searching and believe I've found the connection:

**Hugh Rice b. 1795
Alice Rice b. 1817
Catherine Rice b. 1840
James Rice b. 1842
**Owen Rice b. 1844
Ann Rice b. 1846
Myrtle Rice b. in Mass. 1853

In 1855 they lived in Sutton, Worcester County, Massachusetts.  **means these two were mentioned by my relatives numerous times and, for Owen Rice, I have a photo of my mother standing next to the tombstone; however, it isn't a clear photo.

(1) anyone have a connection here and (2) anyone close to St. John's cemetery in Worcester that could take a closer photo of Owen's tombstone thus giving me the ability to pinpoint the geographic location in Ireland so I can continue my search in county Louth?  Owen is near the McAvoys Sec. G Row 3 Lot 5

Thank You!!

whichzelda:
I live near St. John's Cemetery in Worcester Ma and would be glad to check out the headstones you have mentioned .  It may take a few days, but I will get back to you.

NEMSTC:
Ron; Recently been returning to my Rice family tree info and noticed a possible 'curve ball' on Sarah Ward Rice on FindAGrave memorial # 6459534---it shows James McKenna and not James Rice, what's with that?  Also, My Hugh Rice and your James Rice might be cousins/even possible brothers because I noticed the similar Irish naming patterns for children of both families.

John     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version