Author Topic: Cemeraties  (Read 5214 times)

Mary Heil

Cemeraties
« on: February 07, 2002, 04:33:00 AM »
2 of my ancestors were buried in Worcester, Mass and I am wondering if anyone knows the old cemetery where that may be.  They were Francois Xavier Rainville  born 10-12-1849, died 10-7-1903 in Worcester.  Delima Rose Marie Rainville married to Louis Moreau.  She was born 1857, died about 1883 buried in Worcester.  Would like to find these cemeteries. I am from Pennsylvania.  Please if anyone can help me!  Thanks, Mary

Darlene

• Just Moved Here
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Cemeraties
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2002, 09:47:52 AM »
The major cemetaries in Worcester are HOPE on Webster St., St. JOHN's on Cambridge St.,
NOTRE DAME on Webster St., and RURAL on Grove St.
There's also ALL FAITH's also known as the new Swedish Cemetary, not sure of the street name, and the old SWEDISH Cemetary off Webster St. (very small and located beside Notre Dame)

BB Spada

Re: Cemeraties
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 07:03:44 PM »
First of all: Cemeteries has all e's! :)

If you have a copy of their death certficates, it would show the cemetery.  If you do not have it, try writing to:
The Mass. Archives @ Columbia Point, Morrissey Blvd, Boston, Mass. or the Registry, Mt. Vernon St, Boston, Mass. (They are close to each other and very near the JFK Memorial Library at Columbia Point.)

If it's a church run cemetery, then you must comtact the sexton.  If it's a city run cemetery, you must contact the
Cemetery Dept. of the city. Good luck.