Author Topic: evil clown on Capitol Toy building  (Read 5660 times)

jstrother

evil clown on Capitol Toy building
« on: April 27, 2002, 04:40:20 AM »
Does anyone have a picture of the old Capitol Toy building on Chandler Street?  My husband asked me why I hated clowns so I told him about that building.  I have been searching on the Internet, but haven't come up with anything. Thanks!

QueenD2

Re: evil clown on Capitol Toy building
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2002, 04:25:15 AM »
OMG! I was just thinking about that the other day and was also wondering if a photo existed. I hope that if someone has it they will post it here. Gawd I can still remember vividly that evil single tooth smile *Shudders*, it was so creepy.

schios

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2002, 07:24:10 AM »
Yes, I have a photo of just the clown. It might take some time to find the negitives (nothing digital sorry), if still interested please email. I knew the building was going to be renovated so I took the picture right before it was painted over. I agree, it was the most evil looking thing when I was a kid too.

John F. O'Keefe

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 07:41:44 PM »
Hi All,

I remember seeing the Capitol Toy building in the late 80's after it had closed. Reminded me of something out of a Steven King movie with that "evil" clown staring at all who approached the store. Wished I had taken a picture of it then.
I used to go to that store with my grandfather when I was a kid. Some how back then, the clown didn't seem as scarey looking

John

K.Rowe

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 07:43:46 AM »
 :o

I grew up right near the old Captial Toys building...
It was freaky then.. every time we would go by it in the car... and its freaky now thinking about it lol
I don't have a picture... but I just wanted you to know you are not alone lol

;D